Participation in this event is restricted to grantees of the IJ4EU Investigation Support Scheme (second cohort, 2020/21).
Time: 10:30-12:00 CET
The European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF) will cover the following:
- Access to information/documents
- Data protection laws
- Insufficient whistleblower protection
- Post-publication issues, e.g. defamation lawsuits
- Lawsuits by powerful individuals or politicians in a “suitable” jurisdiction (so-called “forum shopping”)
- What is it and how does it support you?
- How can ECPMF practically support you when facing legal threats or lawsuits?
- What are SLAPPs and how do you recognise them?
- What SLAPP cases has ECPMF dealt with?
- Why is awareness about SLAPPs so important?
- Theresa Josephine Seipp, ECPMF Legal Advisor
- Andreas Lamm, ECPMF Deputy Managing Director
This webinar is part of the coaching and training support that the IJ4EU fund provides to grantees to boost their skills and ensure the success of individual projects.